Aug 3, 2009

Paying Respect









There are as many ways to deal with death as there are Religious beliefs, and Social Customs.

A few years ago my husband lost both of his parents within weeks of each other. On the anniversary of their death he would make trips to visit their grave site. Out of respect I came along, and found that I didn't quite understand the significance. It wasn't until I wandered off one visit with my camera and really looked around.... I began to notice off in the distance families planting trees, laying flowers and laughing.... an elderly man walking with flowers to his beloveds' site, and I couldn't help noticing the many offerings, notes, flowers, and photos scattered throughout.

I now appreciate these trips and happily make coffee to bring along, and partake in the shared memories, and laughter as we take that time as a family to remember their wonderful legacy.

No comments: